Question tests can be used on any type of design. Simply upload the image and enter the questions you'd like testers to answer about it.
Testers have as long as they like to view your design and answer the questions you asked.
In this article
Creating a Question Test
- Click Create a new test in the bottom left corner of your dashboard
- Click Create this test next to Question Test
- Upload a design to test (optional)
- Choose questions to ask participants: up to 5
Recruiting responses for Question Tests
You can recruit responses from your own audience and/or order responses from the UsabilityHub panel.
Question Test results
Results show average duration, raw response data, and a word cloud to help you quickly identify commonly occurring words.
View a sample report here.
If you choose to include a design, what type of file can you upload?
The file must be a JPEG, PNG or GIF and no larger than 5MB.
How are images displayed to participants?
You can control the way your design will be displayed:
- Unmodified images are shown at native height and width
- HiDPI images are shown at half native height and width
- Framed images are shown within a device of your choice
What can you test with Question Tests?
Question Tests are versatile surveys. While they are often used for testing designs, like verifying your users understand what an icon means, Question Tests are also used as basic surveys. What do participants believe is the topic of your book based on the title you provided? What should you call the knowledge base on your website: or is it a help center? The possibilities are endless.
How long do participants have to answer questions you asked?
Participants have 10 minutes to view your design and answer the questions you asked.