Navigation Tests are great for wireframes, app onboarding campaigns and checkout flows, to name a few.
In this article
Creating a Navigation Test
- Click Create a new test in the bottom left corner of your dashboard
- Click Create this test next to Navigation Test
- Upload two or more images
- Define where users must click on each step to proceed
- Set instructions for participants, asking them to carry out a particular task
Images can be dragged and dropped into the correct order.
Recruiting responses for Navigation Tests
You can recruit responses from your own audience and/or order responses from the UsabilityHub panel.
Navigation Test Results
Results show you how many participants completed the flow, where they clicked, where they dropped out, and how long they took.
To show this information we use heatmaps, click clusters, success and failure rates, and duration.
See sample results here.
What type of file can you upload?
The file must be a JPEG, PNG or GIF and no larger than 5MB.
How are images displayed to participants?
You can control the way your design will be displayed:
- Unmodified images are shown at native height and width
- HiDPI images are shown at half native height and width
- Framed images are shown within a device of your choice
How many images can you include in your Navigation Test?
Up to 12.
How I create different branches in the navigation flow?
Not at the moment. Each navigation test represents a single, linear navigation flow.