Five second test sections
When carrying out a five second test, the participant is shown an image for five seconds, after which they answer questions based on what they can remember.
In this article
Creating a Five Second Test
- Click the create a test button in the top right corner of your dashboard
- Add a five second test section
- Upload a design to test
- Choose questions to ask participants
Five Second Test results
Results show raw response data, and a word cloud to help you quickly identify commonly occurring words.
What type of file can you upload?
The file must be a JPEG, PNG or GIF and no larger than 5MB.
How are images displayed to participants?
You can control the way your design will be displayed:
- Unmodified images are shown at native height and width
- HiDPI images are shown at half native height and width
- Framed images are shown within a device of your choice
What can you test with Five second Tests?
Five Second Tests are great for testing anything you need a first impression on. The image you test could be a website, graphic design, app design, prototype, wireframe, logo, or text.
Do participants really only have five seconds to view the image?
Yep. Participants have five seconds to view your image before answering questions based on what they can recall. Users can only take a test once so revisiting the image isn't an option 😉
Why five seconds?
Studies have found that visitors only spend a few seconds assessing your website before deciding whether to stay or leave.