Design question sections can be used on any type of design. Simply upload the image, video, or audio file and enter the questions you'd like testers to answer about it.
In this article
Adding a design question section
- Click Create a test in the top right corner of your dashboard
- Add a design question section
- Upload a design to test
- Add questions you want to ask participants
Results show average duration, raw response data, and a word cloud to help you quickly identify commonly occurring words. Multiple-choice responses will allow you to filter your results to show only the users who picked a particular choice, and all of the answers they gave on the other test questions.
View a sample report here.
If you choose to include a design, what type of file can you upload?
- Static images must be a JPEG, PNG or GIF and no larger than 5MB
- Video files must be MP4 and no larger than 100MB
- Audio files must be MP3 and no larger than 100MB
How are designs displayed to participants?
You can control the way your design will be displayed:
- Unmodified images are shown at native height and width
- HiDPI images are shown at half native height and width
- Framed images are shown within a device of your choice
What can you test with question test sections?
Design question sections are versatile surveys. While they are often used for testing designs, like verifying your users understand what an icon means, design question sections are also used as basic surveys. What do participants believe is the topic of your book based on the title you provided? What should you call the knowledge base on your website: or is it a help center? The possibilities are endless.
How long do participants have to answer questions you asked?
Participants have as long as they like to view your design and answer the questions.